UCSF Balance and Falls Center is designed to evaluate and treat various causes of vertigo, dizziness, and balance problems. The center believes in the multidisciplinary approach, where experts from different fields (including audiology, otolaryngology, neurology, and physical therapy) collaborate together to help determine the best treatment for your dizziness. State of the art diagnostic testing is performed, including videonystagmography (VNG), Rotary Chair Testing, VEMP testing, and Video Head Impulse Testing. Common treatments involve use of the canalith/particle repositioning maneuvers (like the Epley maneuver) for treating benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, and vestibular physical therapy. However, with our team-based multidisciplinary approach, we are able to offer the full range of diagnostic and treatment services for different causes of dizziness.
Learn more about UCSF Balance and Falls Center:
- Vestibular Videos contains a series of educational shorts, about different vestibular diseases and topics.
- Vestibular Testing contains information about different methods of testing the vestibular system at UCSF Balance and Falls Center.
- Vestibular Physical Therapy (PT) has an introduction to explain how physical therapy is used as a treatment for various vestibular disorders.
- Causes of Dizziness contains information regarding different diseases that cause dizziness and imbalance.
- About Us contains information on how to contact us and how to refer patients to the UCSF Balance and Falls Center.