Referral to Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery - Division of Sleep Surgery
- Referrals for consultation and discussion of surgical options for sleep apnea and snoring.
- Patients should come with sleep study completed in the last 3 years. Full study report should be sent to the office.
- Most patients will require a trial of CPAP at home prior to consideration for sleep apnea surgery.
- Evaluation will include an awake laryngoscopy to fully evaluate the upper airway and a discussion about options and candidacy for surgery.
- Letter with a consultation note will be sent to your office or via the EMR.
Referral to UCSF Sleep Medicine and Sleep Disorders Center
- For consultation to discuss and start medical treatments for sleep apnea such as CPAP and manage other aspects of disordered sleep.
- We also work with a variety of Sleep Medicine practices and Sleep Laboratories around the Bay Area. Contact us for a list of providers near you.
For Oral Appliances
- We work with local practices that specialize in oral appliance creation for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Evaluation for an oral appliance often includes assessment of potential bruxism and TMJ disease.
- For a list of providers please contact our office.
For Oral Maxillofacial Surgery to discuss Maxillomandibular Advancement
- For information on how to send the referral: UCSF OMFS
UCSF Sleep Surgery
Ph: (415) 353-2757
Fax: (415) 353-2603