+1 415 353-2757
+1 415 353-2603
2233 Post Street, Rm 353
UCSF Box 0342
San Francisco, CA 94115United States
Steven D. Pletcher, MD, is an Associate Professor of Clinical Otolaryngology and he is the Director of the Residency Program in the Department of Otolaryngolgy – Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS) at the University of California, San Francisco. He received his medical degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, and he finished his general surgery internship from UCSF. Dr. Pletcher completed his OHNS residnecy from UCSF, followed by a Rhinology fellowship from the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston.
Dr. Pletcher’s primary research interests focus on investigation on the role of microbes in sinonasal inflammatory disease, improving treatment of sinus disease for adult patients with cystic fibrosis, improving surgical techniques for chronic sinusitis, and developing and evaluating endoscopic surgical procedures to control refractory epistaxis.
Dr. Pletcher is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology, and the Society University Otolaryngologists.
General Otolaryngology, Minimally Invasive Skull Base Surgery, Sinus Surgery and Rhinology
Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery of the paranasal sinuses and skull base
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Sinusitis, Cystic Fibrosis, Epistaxis, Endoscopic Orbital
Surgery, Skull Base Disorders, Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Mandibular and Facial Trauma/Reconstruction, General Otolaryngology
Education and Training:
• Medical School: University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine
• Internship: University of California, San Francisco
• Residency: University of California, San Francisco - Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
• Fellowship: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA - Rhinology
Awards and Honors:
• 1994 American Heart Association - American Heart Association Student Research Award
• 2009 University of California, San Francisco - Roger Boles MD Teaching Award