The UCSF Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is pleased to accept applications for the 2016-17 Match. The application deadline is October 5th. We will be downloading applications through ERAS. Our interviews dates will be January 9, 2017 and January 13, 2017.
Applications the Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery residency program are accepted electronically through ERAS®. Applications are considered complete when the following documentation is received through ERAS:
- Common Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- Dean’s Letter (expected on October 1st)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts from NBME indicating USMLE scores (Parts 1 and 2)
PLEASE NOTE: Both parts of USMLE Step II must be reported by no later than February 15, 2017
In addition to the above, students and graduates of international medical schools must provide the following:
- Verification of ECFMG certification (provided through ERAS)
- Verification of ECFMG J-1 visa status. Note: Visas in any other category (B-1, H-1, etc.) cannot be accepted.
- Verification of United States residency status (permanent resident, naturalized citizen, etc.)
- Copy of valid (unexpired) Medical Board of California Authorization Letter
Did you Know.....
- Our program was one of the first to be ACGME accredited on the West Coast and we have been continuously accredited since 1955.
- Our residents have achieved a 100% first attempt pass rate on the otolaryngology board exams for 15 years and counting!